RSS Feed

European Union Will Pay for Gender Ideology

10

December 18, 2013 by Aleksandra Łuczak

This post has been prepared by Patrycja Fedor from Kozminski University

The Polish Minister for Infrastructure and Development, Elżbieta Bieńkowska said that awarding EU funds would be determined by the promotion of the gender ideology by particular provinces (voivodships). A deputy Jarosław Zieliński opposed to such possibility and sent an interpellation.

The above mentioned problem was noticed during public consultations involving new operational programs, where the conditions and ways of transmission of these funds in particular provinces were discussed. A part of projects concerns promoting the gender ideology. The European Union shall deliver us money to be distributed for these purposes between 2014 and 2020. As we can read in minister Bieńkowska’s response, projects will be checked for “counteracting stereotypes associated with socio-cultural gender”.

A Law and Justice deputy, Jarosław Zieliński sent an interpellation regarding “unacceptable promotion of gender ideology from EU funds” to the aforementioned Minister. As we can read in this interpellation, “there are many points indicating, that financing projects related to RPO (which stands for Regional Operational Programme) may be determined by promoting gender ideology, which I personally consider as harmful and dangerous”.

Should awarding EU funds be determined by the promotion of gender ideology?

Or maybe there are more important determinants?

Have your say!

10 comments »

1. Dorota says:

Under NO circumstances should that harmful propaganda set on weakening or destruction of proper human relations and proper child rearing practices (where each child is instructed and supported in developing his/her identity by his/her parents, not ideologues) be promoted by any educational institutions.

2. Marzena says:

I believe that the promotion of such an ideology threatens society. This ideology dictates to me absurd models of education, family, children in preschool and school age. It forces children from pre-school to harmful sexualization, crushes the barriers of shame, and above all, impose ideologies young people, breaking the right of parents to the care and upbringing of their children. The appropriations for the Regional Operational Programmes should be spent on welfare of the inhabitants of the region, and not for the promotion of the concept of moral suspicious. This, as citizens and children will be educated depends only on themselves. A significant role is played by a media which, although not explicitly advocate for this theory, but publicize the controversy around her rolling in such a way that the listener becomes convinced that this ideology is great, and all its opponents, it Ciemnogród and backwardness.

3. Affek says:

I do not get this discussion around gender at all. What is gender? Every one discuses it, but I am not sure, if they know what the say. Gender is nothing more than the range of physical, biological, mental and behavioural characteristics pertaining to, and differentiating between, masculinity and femininity. However, we have to remember that we have stereotypes and habits. In my opinion we do not have to support it or consider it too much. There are bigger problems in Poland and we should not divide the society and make another Polish – Polish war.

4. Mateusz Zych says:

It seems to me that Mrs Elżbieta Bieńkowska did not think her conduct over. I totally agree with Mr Jarosław Zieliński that it is ”unacceptable promotion of gender ideology from UE funds”. Gender ideology should be rather restrained and not further subsidized from UE funds. I do not understand the purpose for which they would like to finance blurring of gender.
    I have nothing to feminists, but the whole ideology has just been created by complexed feminists who do not know what to do in life.
    I cannot imagine that the UE funds could be devoted to women becoming more masculine and vice versa in the case of guys who would have to become more effeminate. As Mr Zieliński said gender ideology is ”harmful and dangerous”. It should not be promoted at all.
    In my opinion, there are other important determinants such as ill, starving, unaccompanied children in need of financial assistance or care of our culture through renovations of historic buildings, etc.

5. KacperW says:

I think that promoting gender ideology may have not only harmfull effect but also total waste of money. It will brainwash children from theirs very beginning and what’s more i belive that parents should have right to upbring children how thay want.

6. ~Karolina says:

Firstly we should specify what exactly does cover the EU funds which goes for promotion gender ideologies. Part of the funds defray gender pay gap. I do not want bring another ideologi, feminist ideologi at the moment but I gender gap pay is still a serious problem in developed countries. The gender pay gap exists even though women do better at school and university than men.
    What is the the gender pay gap? It is the difference between men’s and women’s pay, based on thee average difference in gross hourly earnings of all employees. On average, women in the EU earn around 16 % less per hour than men. Pro-family organisations are again sounding the alarm across Europe at an attempt by homosexual activist EU politicians to force member states to teach children “gender ideology” under the guise of mandatory “sex education,” programmes that would include promotion of homosexual activity as normative. This whole battle around the EU funds which goes for promotion gender ideologies comes form misunderstanding. At that point European and Polish governments should immediatly solve this problem.

7. lkalinowski says:

It is preety weird. I don’t think that the Gender ideology should be fund by the EU. I don’t think that ANY ideology should be fund by the EU. But let’s be honest – if we want to protect our children from this ‘bad’ thing we should talk with them and show them what it is. Because if we don’t do this they will get known about this in any other way and in my opinion it can be more harmful than it is now (if it is at all).

8. Chance says:

As of late, the concept of some ‘gender ideology’ has been used as a convenient scare tactic and/or cover for the usual ineffectuality of Polish politicians. It is absurd that this obvious smokescreen somehow gained enough traction to regularly feature in political ‘debates’ and the media. In the public eye, basic human rights are still either the beginning of the downfall of civilization as we know it or an unachievable ideal.
    I honestly wonder about the emotional and intellectual maturity of some commenters (on this article and otherwise). If they really think that if LGBTA+ people are not talked about on TV and at school they will cease to exist, it creates an interesting parallel to children thinking that because when they cover their eyes they can no longer see, they become invisible to others themselves. This is only scratching the surface of the problematic views expressed all over the Polish internet, but gives an accurate impression of the average person expressing them.
    As a woman and as a non-heterosexual, it is terrifying to me that views supportive of treating me as a second-grade citizen at best and a pestilence at worst are deemed normal and any opposition is ‘harmful propaganda set on weakening or destruction of proper human relations’. I am being denied basic human rights and attempting to reclaim them leads to acts of violence and destruction (the rainbow on Plac Zbawiciela, the recent murder of a boy in Szczecin), yet I am the issue? I don’t think so.
    That said, the distribution of EU funds should be decided by a range of factors, including but not limited to the promotion of the ‘gender ideology’. This idea is present in, to name one example, university recruitment processes in Poland and as such should not pose a challenge to Polish politicians – and yet here we are.

9. Marta says:

Media from a few months until the roar from the topic of gender. It is the ideology that operates in the dawn of the 80 th century. In my opinion it is not dangerous, the more it is a figment of politicians and Catholic priests than a real threat. The question whether to spend any money to promote this subject? It seems to me that, necessarily. There are many other areas that it would be worthwhile to spend the money. It is a pity that the Union thereby wasting money that could be spent on really valuable things.

10. Dorota says:

Chance, are you Polish ? From your comment above, I do not think so. If you were, you would understand why gender ideology is fundamentally wrong and why most of us oppose it. It goes against the culture and the spirit of the nation. We Poles have an amazing rich culture and history that keeps us strong and we do not want to blend in with the moral void and resulting confusion that is omnipresent in the western nations.